Things are starting to get hectic over the next few months, what with election campaigns, idol, uni, etc ...
There are a few points that need to be addressed for any sessions we might have, so that we can get the most we can out of them:
1) Idle banter needs to be cut down a fair bit, so we can speed up the sessions and keep them moving. I think that chatter generally INCREASES boredom, rather than being a byproduct of it, because it stops the actual playing from going further.
2) Everyone needs to come to a consensus on party actions just a little quicker. Occasionally it's very frustrating, the length of time it can take to choose a course of action. This also applies to each player taking their turn in combat. I don't want to have to be strict on this, so please try and reign this in a little. Just remember, in a real situation, you often have to make decisions on the fly, try and capture that a little more in RP.
3) Some people are slightly lacking in the actual role playing aspect. Sooner, rather than later, I plan to have big blocks where there is more talking and interacting in character as opposed to rolling dice to hit the big bad, so a bit of character is needed. This is NOT saying that a character whose primary motivation is to bash things is a BAD character, but you will have to work out what your character would do if they were forced into a position where that was not the option.
4) New policy (and this concerns me more than anyone else, I'm just letting you all know). If we're having a session, the only ones there will be the party, Phil and myself. There will be no observers, no random extras, or anything like that, unless there's a very good reason. It just opens up too many avenues for distraction. So if, for some bizarre reason, you feel like bringing someone along, please don't.
5) Give me feedback! If you have anything you like / dislike, want more / less of, or anything related to the campaign, let me know and I'll work on it. This is the first time I've DMed a campaign, so I'm a n00b as well. I'm not above getting criticism (preferably constructive).
That said, I'm really enjoying this campaign, so hopefully we'll be able to get back into it before too long.